Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Polish blueberry season 2012 by company Genesis FreshAccording to Jan Nowakowski from Genesis Fresh, the blueberry season will be interesting for Poland this year. The main import country, the UK, is going to have competitors this season as the export to Russia is expanding as well as new clients have been gained in EU countries such as The Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Germany and Switzerland for the Polish exporters.
"It goes without saying that within last few years, Poland has become the biggest producer of blueberries in Europe. The plantations cover 3.000 hectares. The main variety grown is Bluecrop which is characterized by quite a big size. Other varieties are Earliblue, Duke, Spartan, Patriot, Chandler, Brigitta, Darrow and Elliott, " says Nowakowski.
Genesis Fresh offers blueberries from mid July till mid September. Production capacity is 400,000 – 450,000 kg per season. The blueberry season is still at an early stage, so it is hard to predict the total volume available. A big part of the blueberries every year is devoted to long-lasting clients, who declare blueberry purchasing every season. The product is packed in various punnets from 125g to 500g, and also loose in 3 kg plastic chases.
The price level in 2011 was between 5.00 to 7.40 Euro/kg of final product. This year, it may be slightly higher if the season shows there is less volume available due to winter damage and frost in spring.
For more information:
Tel: + 48 22 378 34 05
Fax: + 48 22 414 41 01
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: