Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
New leader of Australian Greens
AUSVEG congratulates Senator Christine Milne on appointmentAUSVEG, the Peak Industry Body for 9,000 of Australia’s vegetable and potato growers, has congratulated Senator Christine Milne on her election as Leader of the Australian Greens.
"The appointment of Senator Milne as the Leader of the Australian Greens is a commendable decision and AUSVEG looks forward to working closely with Senator Milne," said AUSVEG CEO, Richard Mulcahy.
"Senator Milne has always shown a high level of awareness of the needs of Australia’s growers and has shown a comprehensive understanding of the issues faced by those in regional and rural areas," said Mr Mulcahy.
"AUSVEG has worked closely with Senator Milne in her role as Deputy Leader of the Greens and we look forward to building on an already strongly forged relationship with the Leader," said Mr Mulcahy.
Bob Brown resigned as Leader of the Australian Greens after 16 years in parliament and Senator Milne was unanimously endorsed by Greens colleagues to take on the role at a party room meeting earlier today.
"Senator Milne is across pertinent issues surrounding the horticulture industry, such as Country of Origin Labelling and biosecurity, and through past dealings with AUSVEG has shown a deep understanding and appreciation of the challenges facing growers," said Mr Mulcahy.
AUSVEG looks forward to welcoming Senator Milne as a guest speaker at the AUSVEG National Convention being held in Wrest Point Hotel Casino in Hobart, from 10-12 May 2012.
For more information:
Tel: +61 (03) 9822 0388
Mob: +61 0404 845 580
Publication date: 4/13/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: