Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New leader of Australian Greens
AUSVEG congratulates Senator Christine Milne on appointmentAUSVEG, the Peak Industry Body for 9,000 of Australia’s vegetable and potato growers, has congratulated Senator Christine Milne on her election as Leader of the Australian Greens.
"The appointment of Senator Milne as the Leader of the Australian Greens is a commendable decision and AUSVEG looks forward to working closely with Senator Milne," said AUSVEG CEO, Richard Mulcahy.
"Senator Milne has always shown a high level of awareness of the needs of Australia’s growers and has shown a comprehensive understanding of the issues faced by those in regional and rural areas," said Mr Mulcahy.
"AUSVEG has worked closely with Senator Milne in her role as Deputy Leader of the Greens and we look forward to building on an already strongly forged relationship with the Leader," said Mr Mulcahy.
Bob Brown resigned as Leader of the Australian Greens after 16 years in parliament and Senator Milne was unanimously endorsed by Greens colleagues to take on the role at a party room meeting earlier today.
"Senator Milne is across pertinent issues surrounding the horticulture industry, such as Country of Origin Labelling and biosecurity, and through past dealings with AUSVEG has shown a deep understanding and appreciation of the challenges facing growers," said Mr Mulcahy.
AUSVEG looks forward to welcoming Senator Milne as a guest speaker at the AUSVEG National Convention being held in Wrest Point Hotel Casino in Hobart, from 10-12 May 2012.
For more information:
Tel: +61 (03) 9822 0388
Mob: +61 0404 845 580
Publication date: 4/13/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: