Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Photo report New York Produce show
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: New Nunhems tomato variety Marmande arrives on the marketNunhems launches the Nun 03518 TOF F1*, a Marmande tomato variety on the national and international markets. For producers, this is variety is highlighted by its profitability and resistance to TYLCV, while for the market, its attractiveness is in the intense green colour and its shelf life.
The Nun 03518 TOF F1* tomato will be available to be commercialized this year.
Moreover, it's a perfect variety to complement Marmalindo F1*, since its firmly positioned in the Marmande market, when TYLCV is a limiting factor.
The new variety has a high yield and long shelf life regarding the traditional varieties, and an intense green top with an excellent change to red during the cultivation cycle, always keeping its consistency and taste high, apart from being a uniform tomato and easy to handle, according to the company.
It's indicated for the national market because of its sweetness, intense colour and taste, and to export, because of its red colour and durability. Moreover, it's a proper variety for a large cycle, with transplant possibilities at earlier dates than the traditional varieties; It's also a variety with a bigger level of security, regarding resistance to the spoon virus.
Publication date: 4/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: