Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: New Nunhems tomato variety Marmande arrives on the marketNunhems launches the Nun 03518 TOF F1*, a Marmande tomato variety on the national and international markets. For producers, this is variety is highlighted by its profitability and resistance to TYLCV, while for the market, its attractiveness is in the intense green colour and its shelf life.
The Nun 03518 TOF F1* tomato will be available to be commercialized this year.
Moreover, it's a perfect variety to complement Marmalindo F1*, since its firmly positioned in the Marmande market, when TYLCV is a limiting factor.
The new variety has a high yield and long shelf life regarding the traditional varieties, and an intense green top with an excellent change to red during the cultivation cycle, always keeping its consistency and taste high, apart from being a uniform tomato and easy to handle, according to the company.
It's indicated for the national market because of its sweetness, intense colour and taste, and to export, because of its red colour and durability. Moreover, it's a proper variety for a large cycle, with transplant possibilities at earlier dates than the traditional varieties; It's also a variety with a bigger level of security, regarding resistance to the spoon virus.
Publication date: 4/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: