Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Irish retail group embraces contactless paymentsIrish retail group BWG Foods has agreed a deal with Visa Europe which will see it fit contactless payment terminals across 900 stores.
The owner of the Spar, Eurospar, Mace and XL brands will roll out the technology to the majority of its outlets by the end of the year.
Shoppers will be able to pay for transactions worth under 15 euros by holding their contactless-enabled Visa card against provided readers, with any e-money purchase over this value needed to be verified with a pin code.
BWG Foods' managing director Willie O’Byrne claimed that one million daily shoppers will benefit from "reduced queues and faster throughput" following the move to contactless.
"We are constantly evolving our offer and service to customers and we see this as the next evolution of the shopping experience in an increasingly cashless society.
"We pride ourselves on being at the forefront of this service in such a significant way," he said.
Around 100,000 contactless terminals have been installed across the UK.
Publication date: 4/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: