Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Southern Hemisphere citrus shipments increase by almost 2%
Citrus exports from the member countries of SHAFFE, an association that represents fresh fruit producers and exporters of the Southern Hemisphere, will increase by 1.67% compared to 2011.
Orange, soft citrus and lemon shipments will grow by 2.06%, 6.82% and 2% respectively, while grapefruit shipments would experience a decrease of 9.25%.
South Africa will export about 1,001,891 tons of oranges, 114,289 tons of soft citrus, 214,838 tons of grapefruit, and 166,493 tons of limes.
In the case of Argentina, lime shipments will reach 250,000 tons. Oranges and soft citrus will register 104,000 and 106,000 tons respectively.
Publication date: 4/12/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: