Job offersmore »
- (Senior) Account manager USA
- Ein- und Verkäufer - Germany
- Banana Production Specialist / Agricultural Consultants Bananas -
- Senior Grower - United Kingdom
- Export Manager - Roermond, The Netherlands
- Production manager Pepper (FT) - Israel or the Netherlands
- Associate Breeder Cucumber (FT) - Haelen, the Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Manager - Australia
- Grower Manager - Australia
- Technical and Business Development Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- UK: Don't waste your money on organic food
- Peruvian Hass avocados in desperate search for new markets
- 7th fruit import distribution facility in China for Lantao
- Staay Food Group expands with divisions in Spain and Poland
- Dutch greenhouse cherries: quality can take on competition of outdoor cultivation
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Production forecasts change for California citrus
The most recent USDA production forecasts for two varieties of California citrus show a change from previous estimates. Estimated production for grapefruit was up while forecast tangerine production decreased.
In January, the California field office for the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service predicted that 2011-2012 state production of grapefruit would reach 6.6 million cartons. Revised estimates put that figure at 6.8 million cartons, an increase of 3 percent. Even with the added volume, this season's crop is projected to be down 21 percent from last season's.
The 2011-2012 tangerine forecast was previously 20.6 million cartons, but that has decreased by 5 percent. The new figure of 19.6 million cartons means this season's production is slated to be down 1 percent from the previous season.
2011-2012 forecasts for navels, valencias and lemons were unchanged at 88 million cartons, 28 million cartons and 39 million cartons, respectively.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: