Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Target reports better than expected MarchTarget has reported a better than expected March, helped along by warm weather.
The discounter, with headquarters in Minneapolis, boosted its first-quarter earnings outlook based on solid results.
The sales results were above analysts' expectations for a 5.4 percent increase. The figure is based on revenue in stores opened at least one year. The metric is a key gauge of a retailer's health because it excludes results from stores recently opened or closed.
Total sales during the five-week period ended March 31 were $6.43 billion, an increase of 7.9 percent from $5.96 billion in the year-ago period.
"March sales were well above our expectations, reflecting a healthy underlying trend combined with the benefit of an earlier Easter and favourable weather this year," said Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and chief executive of Target in a statement.
Publication date: 4/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: