Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Target reports better than expected MarchTarget has reported a better than expected March, helped along by warm weather.
The discounter, with headquarters in Minneapolis, boosted its first-quarter earnings outlook based on solid results.
The sales results were above analysts' expectations for a 5.4 percent increase. The figure is based on revenue in stores opened at least one year. The metric is a key gauge of a retailer's health because it excludes results from stores recently opened or closed.
Total sales during the five-week period ended March 31 were $6.43 billion, an increase of 7.9 percent from $5.96 billion in the year-ago period.
"March sales were well above our expectations, reflecting a healthy underlying trend combined with the benefit of an earlier Easter and favourable weather this year," said Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and chief executive of Target in a statement.
Publication date: 4/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: