Job offersmore »
- Salesprofessionals – The Netherlands
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Target reports better than expected MarchTarget has reported a better than expected March, helped along by warm weather.
The discounter, with headquarters in Minneapolis, boosted its first-quarter earnings outlook based on solid results.
The sales results were above analysts' expectations for a 5.4 percent increase. The figure is based on revenue in stores opened at least one year. The metric is a key gauge of a retailer's health because it excludes results from stores recently opened or closed.
Total sales during the five-week period ended March 31 were $6.43 billion, an increase of 7.9 percent from $5.96 billion in the year-ago period.
"March sales were well above our expectations, reflecting a healthy underlying trend combined with the benefit of an earlier Easter and favourable weather this year," said Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and chief executive of Target in a statement.
Publication date: 4/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: