Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Lawsuit for Coca-Cola's 'Simply Orange'In a lawsuit reminiscent of the one on Splenda’s "made from sugar, tastes like sugar," a lawsuit filed against Coca Cola on Friday claims that "Simply Orange" is misleading as the branded beverage is not simple orange juice and contains other additives and constituents.
The Illinois filed lawsuit claims that the product depends on additives to give it the aroma it has. It further claims that heavy processing is involved in giving the product its consistency and appearance. The plaintiff accused Coca Cola of fraud and misrepresentation and is seeking class-action status.
The plaintiff, Randall Davis, says that the product labelled "100% Pure Squeezed Orange Juice … for personal, family, or household purposes," misleads consumers.
However, Coca-Cola hit back at the claims. Spokeswoman Susan Stribling said that the company's products were made in full accordance with FDA regulations.
She said "This lawsuit has nothing to do with misleading consumers and everything to do with lining class action lawyers’ pockets … it is a meritless case against which we will vigorously defend ourselves."
The lawsuit alleges that chemically engineered 'flavor packs' are added to Simply Orange, while consumers pay a premium price for the product due to their belief that the product is fresh and unadulterated with anything artificial. The lawsuit claims "Coca-Cola misrepresented that Simply Orange was 100% pure and natural orange juice when in fact it was not."
Publication date: 4/3/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: