Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
drop of water level and fear for water quality
500,000 illegal water sources in SpainThe environment organisation WWF have criticized, the massive number of illegal water facilities in Spain. According to the research there are 500,000 illegal water sources in the country, which are mainly used for the irrigation of land and glasshouses.
Amongst others southern Spain's swampy Coto de Donana has been hard hit by this and it is threatened by drying out, as mentioned by WWF. In the neighbourhood of the national park are about 2,000 illegal water sources in use. The results, according to WWF, are serious. The ground water level is dropping too much, rivers are drying up and the quality of the water is in danger.
The World Water Forum recently took place in Marseille. The conference is being held every three years since 1997 and has about 20,000 participants. Amongst them quite a number of heads of state and government leaders.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: