Job offersmore »
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Ag industry to benefit from Russia WTO membershipRussia is expected to complete its full accession into the World trade Organisation later this year after formally being approved late last year.
This could be good news for agricultural trade as tariffs have already balun to be reduced.
Trade analyst Eric Trachtenberg, said "Apple tariffs will go down, pear tariffs will go down, tree nuts... These are meaningful benefits for people looking to seek overseas markets for U.S. products."
"It is still a large country and there's economic growth, especially in the larger cities," Trachtenberg said. "There's rising disposable income, increasing real wages, and still falling unemployment and there is a dynamic and growing retail sector. There is strong product demand, some of it will come from direct sell to customers, some of it will come from increasing inputs to food processing."
Publication date: 3/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: