Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Ag industry to benefit from Russia WTO membershipRussia is expected to complete its full accession into the World trade Organisation later this year after formally being approved late last year.
This could be good news for agricultural trade as tariffs have already balun to be reduced.
Trade analyst Eric Trachtenberg, said "Apple tariffs will go down, pear tariffs will go down, tree nuts... These are meaningful benefits for people looking to seek overseas markets for U.S. products."
"It is still a large country and there's economic growth, especially in the larger cities," Trachtenberg said. "There's rising disposable income, increasing real wages, and still falling unemployment and there is a dynamic and growing retail sector. There is strong product demand, some of it will come from direct sell to customers, some of it will come from increasing inputs to food processing."
Publication date: 3/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: