Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Ag industry to benefit from Russia WTO membershipRussia is expected to complete its full accession into the World trade Organisation later this year after formally being approved late last year.
This could be good news for agricultural trade as tariffs have already balun to be reduced.
Trade analyst Eric Trachtenberg, said "Apple tariffs will go down, pear tariffs will go down, tree nuts... These are meaningful benefits for people looking to seek overseas markets for U.S. products."
"It is still a large country and there's economic growth, especially in the larger cities," Trachtenberg said. "There's rising disposable income, increasing real wages, and still falling unemployment and there is a dynamic and growing retail sector. There is strong product demand, some of it will come from direct sell to customers, some of it will come from increasing inputs to food processing."
Publication date: 3/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: