Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Anti-GM activists create blue strawberry hoaxThere's a new GM product just been created and it really does represent a break from the conventional. it's a blue strawberry that has been designed to withstand freezing temperatures. Scientists discovered that the Arctic Flounder Fish produces its own antifreeze so that it can protect itself from freezing water.
After a bit of research it seems to be a hoax. It turns out that there is a story gaining traction in anti-GMO circles about this hideous new beast that adds a fish gene to strawberries. Allegedly it makes the strawberry blue and resistant to cold.
For the record, there are absolutely no transgenic (GMO) strawberries in production, as far as we know.
Publication date: 3/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: