Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sicily: Rosaria's citrus orchard suffered huge damage
The Producers' Organization Rosaria gives notice about the huge damages in its citrus orchards due to the bad weather in early March.
Heavy hailstorms and strong wind in early March affected about 300 hectares of citrus crops. In the most affected areas the percentage of damaged fruit is 100%.
Consequences are clear. "Our production and marketing season can go on probably till mid-April and not till May as usual."
Therefore Rosaria is modifying its deals with big retail. "We are trying to make supermarket chains aware as much as possible in order to stop promotional prices for oranges, because it would be an unbearable situation from economical point of view."
OP Rosaria - Pannitteri & C. srl
S.P. 135 - C/da Belpasso
Phone: +39 (0)95 7913562 / 3
Fax: +39 (0)95 7913564
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: