Job offersmore »
- Export Manager Fertilizers Africa - The Netherlands
- Area Marketing Manager - The Netherlands
- Sustainable Crop Management Specialist - Germany
- Marketing Communications Officer - Saudi Arabia
- Venlo Greenhouse Export Sales Manager
- Pepper Grower - California US
- Product Manager - Vantaa or Eurajoki, Finland or in Niibi, Estonia
- Technical sales supervisor (Customer Service Manager) - Leamington, ON Canada
- Museum Scientist - Davis, United States (CA)
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tacler Livestreammore »
Spain: Table grape area drops 30% in ten years
In Monforte del Cid, Novelda and Aspe in Spain 70% of the agriculture consists of table grapes. In the "Valley of the Grapes" this culture generates EUR40.8 million a year. However, in the last ten years the area for this "flagship" product has been reduced by approximately 30%. The decrease, according to experts, is due to urban impact, the lack of generational replacement in the field because of low wages given to workers, the high price of water, bad campaigns caused by the damaging hail and periods of low prices where of course, large amounts of hectares of crops often decrease.
Nevertheless, in the agricultural sector of Vinalopo Mitja table grapes have a strong position, they are the emblematic crop of Valencia and one of the most profitable in the province of Alicante, as reflected by recent economic data handled by the union of Asaja.
A tractor driver, on a table grape farm of Monforte del Cid, during the collection of the precious fruit.
Publication date: 3/14/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: