Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Damco opening new China officesDamco, the logistics arm of the Copenhagen-based shipping conglomerate AP-Moller Maersk Group, will set up five new offices in West China this year, said Henriette Thygesen, the company's chief executive for North Asia.
"We expect China's logistics market to continue to develop rapidly," she said.
The company currently runs 19 offices on the Chinese mainland. The five new offices will be located in western and central China cities including Wuhan, Xi'an, Zhenzhou and Ying Chuan. In the meantime, Damco will also expand its airfreight capacity in the country. "We might set up additional offices later" when necessary, Thygesen added.
In 2011, Damco increased its airfreight services through the acquisition of NTS International Transport Services Co Ltd in China. During the same year, it also set up a customer service center in Chengdu, West China.
Damco is one of the 10 largest providers worldwide of freight forwarding and supply chain services. In 2011, the company saw a profit of $65 million compared with $44 million in the previous year, according to the Danish group.
Publication date: 3/1/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: