Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Banana exports from the Dominican Republic dropped by 75% last year
- Produce heavyweight Hein Deprez buys Hollands largest organic pepper grower
- Around Noon expands in the UK with Chef in a Box acquisition
- Panama: The first industrial commercial nursery certified to produce and export seedlings
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Lime to attract high prices this summerHorticultural experts are warning that the price of lime could be steep this summer. It is usual to see a rise in price as the summer months arrive - people use the fruit in their refreshing summer drinks and the increased demand pushes up the value.
So too does the fact that the harvest of the fruit slows down just as the demand begins to take hold.
This year the prediction is that the fruits will soon cost Rs 4. Currently the value is Rs 6. For a kilogram (roughly 20 fruits) the current price is Rs 100 and this is expected to rise to somewhere between Rs 100 and Rs 120 in Aperil and May.
It is usual for the price to drop dramatically around September to somewhere in the vicinity of Rs 30.
Publication date: 2/29/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: