Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Lime to attract high prices this summerHorticultural experts are warning that the price of lime could be steep this summer. It is usual to see a rise in price as the summer months arrive - people use the fruit in their refreshing summer drinks and the increased demand pushes up the value.
So too does the fact that the harvest of the fruit slows down just as the demand begins to take hold.
This year the prediction is that the fruits will soon cost Rs 4. Currently the value is Rs 6. For a kilogram (roughly 20 fruits) the current price is Rs 100 and this is expected to rise to somewhere between Rs 100 and Rs 120 in Aperil and May.
It is usual for the price to drop dramatically around September to somewhere in the vicinity of Rs 30.
Publication date: 2/29/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: