Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Star Cool CA ready for new marketsMCI has taken the concept of controlled atmosphere (CA) a step further by
integrating a membrane system into the Star Cool Integrated Reefer. Now,
with additional production capacity, CA is affordable and available for more
MCI customers who will be able to ship fresh produce to even more distant
“The CA acquisition cost is lower, and customers will in addition save money
on operations as cost per trip is kept to a minimum,” says Anders G. Holm of
MCI Sales and Marketing. “Controlled atmosphere allows customers to enter a
whole range of new trades.”
Further improvements are on the way. Until now, focus has been on bananas and avocados, but on-going tests at MCI include most lower-respiring cargos. The extra benefit is clear to Sten W. Hansen, who is a proclaimed “big fan” of
MCI’s controlled atmosphere. He is Category Manager in Dansk Supermarked, a grocery chain with 1,300 stores in Northern Europe and about 1.3 million customer transactions every day.
“In the future, we will require all container deliveries of bananas to come with
controlled atmosphere,” he says.
For more information:
Tel: +45 51 41 84 10
Publication date: 2/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: