Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Star Cool CA ready for new marketsMCI has taken the concept of controlled atmosphere (CA) a step further by
integrating a membrane system into the Star Cool Integrated Reefer. Now,
with additional production capacity, CA is affordable and available for more
MCI customers who will be able to ship fresh produce to even more distant
“The CA acquisition cost is lower, and customers will in addition save money
on operations as cost per trip is kept to a minimum,” says Anders G. Holm of
MCI Sales and Marketing. “Controlled atmosphere allows customers to enter a
whole range of new trades.”
Further improvements are on the way. Until now, focus has been on bananas and avocados, but on-going tests at MCI include most lower-respiring cargos. The extra benefit is clear to Sten W. Hansen, who is a proclaimed “big fan” of
MCI’s controlled atmosphere. He is Category Manager in Dansk Supermarked, a grocery chain with 1,300 stores in Northern Europe and about 1.3 million customer transactions every day.
“In the future, we will require all container deliveries of bananas to come with
controlled atmosphere,” he says.
For more information:
Tel: +45 51 41 84 10
Publication date: 2/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: