Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Expected drop on exportsA drop in Mexican exports was assured by the director of the International Promoter of Tabasco, Luis Alonso Corvera Valenzuela.
The prognosis for the exports coming from Tabasco this year is dark, as it predicts a 30% reduction, caused by several factors, among the European crisis and the weather changes.
The commercial advisor declared that exports generated in Tabasco are of non-industrialized field products like banana, pineapple, lemon and watermelon.
The banana harvested in Tabasco has Europe as a traditional client, but with a crisis, a drop in Greek demand and a group of troubled countries, the business dropped.
It's the chance for products that have the US as traditional market, a chance for lime and pineapple to shine, while banana producers will have their chance.
Publication date: 2/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: