Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Expected drop on exportsA drop in Mexican exports was assured by the director of the International Promoter of Tabasco, Luis Alonso Corvera Valenzuela.
The prognosis for the exports coming from Tabasco this year is dark, as it predicts a 30% reduction, caused by several factors, among the European crisis and the weather changes.
The commercial advisor declared that exports generated in Tabasco are of non-industrialized field products like banana, pineapple, lemon and watermelon.
The banana harvested in Tabasco has Europe as a traditional client, but with a crisis, a drop in Greek demand and a group of troubled countries, the business dropped.
It's the chance for products that have the US as traditional market, a chance for lime and pineapple to shine, while banana producers will have their chance.
Publication date: 2/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: