Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Photo report New York Produce show
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Continuing fall in agricultural pricesThe Ministry of Commerce has reported that China's farm produce prices continued to fall last week as supplies increased.
Vegetable prices fell for the third consecutive week. The wholesale prices of 18 types of vegetables fell 0.7 percent week-on-week and were down 11 percent from late January.
The prices of green peppers and cucumbers slid 8.1 percent and 5.2 percent, respectively, according to the statement.
The fall in farm produce prices may help ease domestic inflationary pressures as food prices have a one-third weighting in the calculation of China's consumer price index (CPI).
The CPI rebounded to 4.5 percent in January after easing to a 15-month low of 4.1 percent in December.
Publication date: 2/21/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: