Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Continuing fall in agricultural pricesThe Ministry of Commerce has reported that China's farm produce prices continued to fall last week as supplies increased.
Vegetable prices fell for the third consecutive week. The wholesale prices of 18 types of vegetables fell 0.7 percent week-on-week and were down 11 percent from late January.
The prices of green peppers and cucumbers slid 8.1 percent and 5.2 percent, respectively, according to the statement.
The fall in farm produce prices may help ease domestic inflationary pressures as food prices have a one-third weighting in the calculation of China's consumer price index (CPI).
The CPI rebounded to 4.5 percent in January after easing to a 15-month low of 4.1 percent in December.
Publication date: 2/21/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: