Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Continuing fall in agricultural pricesThe Ministry of Commerce has reported that China's farm produce prices continued to fall last week as supplies increased.
Vegetable prices fell for the third consecutive week. The wholesale prices of 18 types of vegetables fell 0.7 percent week-on-week and were down 11 percent from late January.
The prices of green peppers and cucumbers slid 8.1 percent and 5.2 percent, respectively, according to the statement.
The fall in farm produce prices may help ease domestic inflationary pressures as food prices have a one-third weighting in the calculation of China's consumer price index (CPI).
The CPI rebounded to 4.5 percent in January after easing to a 15-month low of 4.1 percent in December.
Publication date: 2/21/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: