Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Continuing fall in agricultural pricesThe Ministry of Commerce has reported that China's farm produce prices continued to fall last week as supplies increased.
Vegetable prices fell for the third consecutive week. The wholesale prices of 18 types of vegetables fell 0.7 percent week-on-week and were down 11 percent from late January.
The prices of green peppers and cucumbers slid 8.1 percent and 5.2 percent, respectively, according to the statement.
The fall in farm produce prices may help ease domestic inflationary pressures as food prices have a one-third weighting in the calculation of China's consumer price index (CPI).
The CPI rebounded to 4.5 percent in January after easing to a 15-month low of 4.1 percent in December.
Publication date: 2/21/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: