Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Continuing fall in agricultural pricesThe Ministry of Commerce has reported that China's farm produce prices continued to fall last week as supplies increased.
Vegetable prices fell for the third consecutive week. The wholesale prices of 18 types of vegetables fell 0.7 percent week-on-week and were down 11 percent from late January.
The prices of green peppers and cucumbers slid 8.1 percent and 5.2 percent, respectively, according to the statement.
The fall in farm produce prices may help ease domestic inflationary pressures as food prices have a one-third weighting in the calculation of China's consumer price index (CPI).
The CPI rebounded to 4.5 percent in January after easing to a 15-month low of 4.1 percent in December.
Publication date: 2/21/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: