Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Value of Peruvian asparagus export has increasedAccording to the latest estimates by customs, the export value of Peruvian preserved and frozen asparagus has increased in the past year by 30% compared to 55% in 2010.
The export value of frozen asparagus was 46.4 million American dollars in 2011, on a average price of 3.28 USD per kg (+22%). 23.2 million of this was earned from the export to the US, 7.9 million from the export to Japan and 4.1 million from the export to Italy. Last year IQF (Individually Quick Frozen) were also exported from Peru. They made up 53% of the total export of frozen asparagus.
The export value of Peruvian preserved asparagus was 137 million USD in 2011 at an average export price of 2.38 USD per kg (+16%). Of this amount, 40 million USD was from the export to Spain, 39 million from the export to France and 28 million from the export to the US.
The export value of fresh asparagus decreased in 2011 by 1% to 289 million USD. The average price per kilo was at 2.34 USD. The US was the main export market for fresh asparagus from Peru. 61% of the fresh asparagus was exported to here (176 million USD of the total export value). After the US, Holland (38.2 million USD) and Great-Britain (23 million USD) were the most important export markets.
Publication date: 2/20/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: