Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Value of Peruvian asparagus export has increasedAccording to the latest estimates by customs, the export value of Peruvian preserved and frozen asparagus has increased in the past year by 30% compared to 55% in 2010.
The export value of frozen asparagus was 46.4 million American dollars in 2011, on a average price of 3.28 USD per kg (+22%). 23.2 million of this was earned from the export to the US, 7.9 million from the export to Japan and 4.1 million from the export to Italy. Last year IQF (Individually Quick Frozen) were also exported from Peru. They made up 53% of the total export of frozen asparagus.
The export value of Peruvian preserved asparagus was 137 million USD in 2011 at an average export price of 2.38 USD per kg (+16%). Of this amount, 40 million USD was from the export to Spain, 39 million from the export to France and 28 million from the export to the US.
The export value of fresh asparagus decreased in 2011 by 1% to 289 million USD. The average price per kilo was at 2.34 USD. The US was the main export market for fresh asparagus from Peru. 61% of the fresh asparagus was exported to here (176 million USD of the total export value). After the US, Holland (38.2 million USD) and Great-Britain (23 million USD) were the most important export markets.
Publication date: 2/20/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: