Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Value of Peruvian asparagus export has increasedAccording to the latest estimates by customs, the export value of Peruvian preserved and frozen asparagus has increased in the past year by 30% compared to 55% in 2010.
The export value of frozen asparagus was 46.4 million American dollars in 2011, on a average price of 3.28 USD per kg (+22%). 23.2 million of this was earned from the export to the US, 7.9 million from the export to Japan and 4.1 million from the export to Italy. Last year IQF (Individually Quick Frozen) were also exported from Peru. They made up 53% of the total export of frozen asparagus.
The export value of Peruvian preserved asparagus was 137 million USD in 2011 at an average export price of 2.38 USD per kg (+16%). Of this amount, 40 million USD was from the export to Spain, 39 million from the export to France and 28 million from the export to the US.
The export value of fresh asparagus decreased in 2011 by 1% to 289 million USD. The average price per kilo was at 2.34 USD. The US was the main export market for fresh asparagus from Peru. 61% of the fresh asparagus was exported to here (176 million USD of the total export value). After the US, Holland (38.2 million USD) and Great-Britain (23 million USD) were the most important export markets.
Publication date: 2/20/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: