Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
US (GA): Increased demand, value and costs for nut growersRising demand for peanuts and pecans is good news for Georgian growers, especially as prices are rising also.
However, there are some downsides. The cost of production has also risen, with increases in prices of fuel and fertilizer.
Kent Wolf, an agricultural economist with the University of Georgia, credits overseas demand for pecans for part of the increased grower returns.
In 2005, for example, China bought 5 million pounds of pecans. By 2010, this had risen, not inconsiderably, to 100 million pounds.
Publication date: 2/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: