Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (GA): Increased demand, value and costs for nut growersRising demand for peanuts and pecans is good news for Georgian growers, especially as prices are rising also.
However, there are some downsides. The cost of production has also risen, with increases in prices of fuel and fertilizer.
Kent Wolf, an agricultural economist with the University of Georgia, credits overseas demand for pecans for part of the increased grower returns.
In 2005, for example, China bought 5 million pounds of pecans. By 2010, this had risen, not inconsiderably, to 100 million pounds.
Publication date: 2/2/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: