Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruit Logistica, Hall 4.2 / Stand C-18
Retilplast in Berlin with new patents for reinforced plastic filmsRetilplast Srl, located in Southern Italy, has offered reinforced films and nets for agricultural application since 1975. A full range of products that help growers protect and improve the quality and quantity of their produce. The products find application in Viticulture, Fruitculture and Horticulture.
Retilplast uses patented technology to reinforce plastic films and woven tarpaulins that are used on tent-structures as protective covers for table grapes, cherries and soft berry fruits.
This innovation allows the company to offer plastic covers with optical and physical properties that previously were difficult to use on tent-structures because of their poor mechanical strength. Customers can now choose the cover that best suits their needs from a wide range of plastic sheets which have varying levels of transmittance, thermicity, diffused light, combined light (diffused and direct) and mechanical strength.
In Berlin Retilplast will introduce the new 'Toro' plastic hook (pictured below), that
can be installed on the already existing ridge wire found in the majority of anti-rain protection systems. It brings several advantages: it creates a space on the top ridge which acts as an air outlet at the top of the covers; it improves air circulation below the covers which helps control the temperature; it allows for the installation, on the same row, of 2 separate covers with different levels of brightness and warmth; it offers the possibility of installing a third cover, called Silostar, which is a protective tarpaulin used to wrap the covers on the rows and keep them in the open-field during the winter.
Retilplast will be at Fruit Logistica, Hall 4.2 / Stand C-18.
Tel. +39 (0)828 45359
Fax: +39 (0)828 48127
Publication date: 2/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: