Job offersmore »
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
- Category Manager - Exports Homebush, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Man enters chilli-eating contest. The chilli won.
- Fresh produce company enters into partnership to help students become farmers
- EC approves Bayer’s proposed acquisition of Monsanto
- Machinery company opens new Californian customer service facility
- China: The future of retail, premium brands and increased domestic production
Exchange ratesmore »
US (OH): Retail expert urges food safety programmesFood recalls and food poisoning are responsible for billions of dollars cost to the US economy every year, not to mention millions of cases of illness. The matter was a subject for discussion at the recent Ohio Produce Growers and Market Association Annual Congress.
The congress was addressed by internationally renowned food safety and retail expert, John Stanley. Stanley said that enough legislation was already in place and that more of that same was not he answer. Instead he urged growers to have a food safety programme in place to protect their investment, prepare for the future and, most importantly of all, give the consumer some confidence in their produce.
Currently the US consumers' confidence is at an all time low, with only 47% confident of the safety of the food they purchase.
Publication date: 1/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: