Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
US (OH): Retail expert urges food safety programmesFood recalls and food poisoning are responsible for billions of dollars cost to the US economy every year, not to mention millions of cases of illness. The matter was a subject for discussion at the recent Ohio Produce Growers and Market Association Annual Congress.
The congress was addressed by internationally renowned food safety and retail expert, John Stanley. Stanley said that enough legislation was already in place and that more of that same was not he answer. Instead he urged growers to have a food safety programme in place to protect their investment, prepare for the future and, most importantly of all, give the consumer some confidence in their produce.
Currently the US consumers' confidence is at an all time low, with only 47% confident of the safety of the food they purchase.
Publication date: 1/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: