Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (OH): Retail expert urges food safety programmesFood recalls and food poisoning are responsible for billions of dollars cost to the US economy every year, not to mention millions of cases of illness. The matter was a subject for discussion at the recent Ohio Produce Growers and Market Association Annual Congress.
The congress was addressed by internationally renowned food safety and retail expert, John Stanley. Stanley said that enough legislation was already in place and that more of that same was not he answer. Instead he urged growers to have a food safety programme in place to protect their investment, prepare for the future and, most importantly of all, give the consumer some confidence in their produce.
Currently the US consumers' confidence is at an all time low, with only 47% confident of the safety of the food they purchase.
Publication date: 1/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: