Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
US (OH): Retail expert urges food safety programmesFood recalls and food poisoning are responsible for billions of dollars cost to the US economy every year, not to mention millions of cases of illness. The matter was a subject for discussion at the recent Ohio Produce Growers and Market Association Annual Congress.
The congress was addressed by internationally renowned food safety and retail expert, John Stanley. Stanley said that enough legislation was already in place and that more of that same was not he answer. Instead he urged growers to have a food safety programme in place to protect their investment, prepare for the future and, most importantly of all, give the consumer some confidence in their produce.
Currently the US consumers' confidence is at an all time low, with only 47% confident of the safety of the food they purchase.
Publication date: 1/19/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: