Mushrooms in the Drome region of France have suffered from the lack of rain and humidity. Autumn may have begun and normally mushroom picking should be well underway, but baskets are empty and no bolet or cepes mushrooms can be found. Mycology clubs are cancelling their harvests and the markets are stocked with mushrooms from other regions such as the Pyrénées or the Jura. The shelves are full of mushrooms from wholesalers, but the choice is limited mainly to girolles and chanterelles mushrooms. Prices have also increased due to the shortage to about €5-€6/200 grams.
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Australian mango season heats up in Northern Territory
- China: Difficult sales conditions for Ningbo kiwifruit
- ‘French Fries: No. 1 vegetable toddlers consume’
- UK: Researchers develop robotic lettuce leaf peeling system
- Increased strawberry crops in Basilicata, drop in Verona and stable in Emilia-Romagna
Top 5 -last week
France: Drought leads to mushroom shortage in Drome region
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 Albania: “Poland and Holland have finally discovered our potential”
- 10/22/2018 “Mushrooms: wonderful products, but still so unknown”
- 10/22/2018 “Wild mushrooms continue to be special”
- 10/22/2018 Automation offers a future for mushroom production
- 10/22/2018 “Production oriented to demand is more profitable and responsible”
- 10/22/2018 "All of Europe on the market for cabbage"
- 10/22/2018 Outlook for the Sicilian aubergine campaign
- 10/22/2018 "We are harvesting mushrooms 365 days a year"
- 10/22/2018 "New ginger production season has begun, export volume is limited"
- 10/22/2018 "We are about to import asparagus from Melbourne, Australia"
- 10/19/2018 No export ban on Egyptian tomatoes
- 10/19/2018 "High demand for Peruvian ginger, especially from France"
- 10/19/2018 Spain: Garlic market paralyzed due to oversupply from China
- 10/19/2018 Growers in Morocco and Spain moving away from tomatoes
- 10/19/2018 Domestic okra ends even season
- 10/18/2018 Mushrooms a weapon in fight against global vitamin D shortage
- 10/18/2018 Belgium: "Beef tomatoes are gradually becoming a specialty"
- 10/18/2018 "Tropical storm Leslie does not cause damage to Spanish open field cultivation"
- 10/18/2018 Ukraine: Temperature fluctuations and strong demand push tomato prices up
- 10/18/2018 Asparagus: from Veneto to Australia