Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tariffs make life harder for world’s largest shipping companyA. P. Møller-Mærsk may struggle to make a profit this year after the US and China descended into a trade war that will probably hurt the shipping company.
Mærsk has already taken some losses this year; now investors gird themselves for more bad news. Trade protectionism means less demand and history suggests the shipping industry will struggle to make the necessary supply cuts.
Per Hansen, an Copenhagen investment economist, says Mærsk is currently “in the eye of the hurricane” when it comes to the damage that will be inflicted by a trade war. He estimates the company’s shares could drop at least 10 percent.
Mærsk is already bracing itself for lacklustre demand in the second half of the year, due to what it says are seasonal effects. The company said earlier in the week it will need to temporarily scale back its service between Asia and North Europe as a result.
A number of analysts have cut their outlook on Mærsk recently. Even so, of the 28 analysts covering Mærsk, only one is recommending that clients sell the stock. The rest advise either buying or holding on to Mærsk shares, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
Publication date: 7/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: