Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The Philippines wants to import Mexican avocados
The Government of the Philippines is interested in importing Mexican food products, such as avocado, tequila, and mezcal, to increase the commercial relationship that until now has been based mainly on the export and import of auto parts, copper and iron.
Products, such as avocado and tequila, are potentially exportable to the Philippine market because of the interest they generate in their population.
Demetrio R. Tuason, the ambassador of the Philippines in Mexico, said they wanted to increase Mexican shipments to the Philippines and that, to achieve this, they wanted to negotiate a free trade agreement or low rates for the entry of Mexican products.
"If we open the trade and remove the tariffs, we can increase not only our business but also their business," the ambassador said.
The Ministry of Economy said they had proposed them to join the CPTPP. However, it is an option that they are still evaluating because they must take it together with the Filipino businessmen.
"Of course we want the Philippine products to be sold openly all over the world, but we also want Mexico to make a stronger effort to bring its products to the Philippines," Tuason said.
Regarding the renegotiation, the diplomat said this was an opportunity for Mexico to expand its relationship with the Asian continent.
"Now they will have more difficulties, perhaps, because of NAFTA, and they should look for new markets, starting but not limited to the Philippines. They should seek closer cooperation with Asian countries, the region is very powerful," he said.
Publication date: 7/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: