Job offersmore »
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ocean Mist Farms announces increase in organic vegetable acreage
Ocean Mist Farms, a major grower of fresh artichokes, is proud to announce a significant increase in organic vegetable acreage in order to meet growing shopper demand while the company said it will remain committed to their sustainable farming practices. According to the company, the Ocean Mist Organic® brand has seen large-scale growth since its inception in 2015.
The fourth generation family owned and operated organization started farming organic artichokes in 2000 and now provides 16 additional vegetables sold under the Ocean Mist Organic label. "To guarantee continuous production of high-quality products, the Ocean Mist R&D department is steadfast in conducting comprehensive and on-going seed research that aligns with organic production parameters," Ocean Mist said.
Organic cauliflower in Castroville
“We have been thoughtfully expanding the Ocean Mist Organic brand over the past three years, strategically increasing production, while ensuring Ocean Mist Farms’ strict standards are being met,” said Diana McClean, senior director of marketing at Ocean Mist Farms. “At Ocean Mist Farms, each individual takes personal pride and responsibility in their role to grow and deliver the very best fresh vegetables every day.”
In addition to the increase in acreage, the company is expanding the Ocean Mist Organic team and welcomes Dan Solomon as the new organic production manager. With more than 22 years of experience in the fresh produce industry, formerly with Earthbound Farm, Solomon brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to Ocean Mist Farms.
“I am excited to join the Ocean Mist Farms team and look forward to contributing to Ocean Mist Organic’s brand growth,” said Dan Solomon, organic production manager at Ocean Mist Farms. “This team’s dedication to providing the best quality products and customer service to our industry is evident by their commitment to grow this organization from the inside out.”
To showcase the growth of Ocean Mist Farms’ organic production, the company is sponsoring two field tours the morning of July 11th to kick-start the Organic Produce Summit. Following the field tours, the Ocean Mist Organic team will be exhibiting at the Organic Produce Summit July 11-12 at booth #303.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (214) 206-3047
Publication date: 7/6/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: