Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand: High Court judgement on Kiwifruit Claim expected tomorrow
The New Zealand High Court's decision on the Kiwifruit Claim is expected tomorrow. Last year 212 claimants and NZX-listed post-harvest company Seeka brought the case before the judge, seeking accountability and compensation from the Government and Ministry of Primary Industries (formerly Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries) for over NZ$376m of losses suffered since the Psa outbreak in 2010.
The concept of whether the MPI owed a duty of care to kiwifruit growers was at the centre of the court case. The defence argued that a duty of care did not exist between MPI and the growers.
Government and Ministry of Primary Industries have denied these claims, arguing all of their actions were appropriate to knowledge known at the time.
The Psa outbreak, which cost the industry an estimated $885 million, hit New Zealand's most productive growing areas on the North Island's east coast between 2010 and 2013.
Publication date: 6/28/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: