Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Azerbaijan: Striving to expand fruit & vegetable exports
According to the Deputy Chairperson of Azerbaijan’s Fruit and Vegetable Producers and Exporters Association, Zhala Amirbayova, Azerbaijan growers are working hard to expand fruit and vegetable exports. She said that Russia and a number of other CIS countries are currently the main export markets. Exports to Europe and the Arab countries are more limited because of the difficulties with certification, she added.
"Certificates are very expensive - from 20,000 to 30,000 euros, and it is necessary to obtain them for each product separately. Therefore, it is easier for us to export to Russia and other CIS countries. Great work is being done for standardizing certificates and bringing them in line with international requirements. After that, the export opportunity will expand significantly."
According to azernews.az, Azerbaijan exported fruit and vegetable products worth about $503 million in 2017, according to the State Customs Committee. In January-April 2018, 104,310 tons of products worth $111.13 million were exported.
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: