Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Cooperatives receive first Jerte cherries of the season
The president of the Association of Cooperatives of the Jerte Valley, Emilio Sánchez, confirmed that "cooperatives have already received the first cherries of the campaign," and said that he hopes "the pace of the harvest to pick up soon, so that the volume available can increase."
Sánchez also hopes for "the weather conditions to be favourable, given the rather low temperatures recorded last weekend."
The first variety to arrive "is the Burlat, which is the first to ripen every year." The number of kilos harvested so far is still unknown, although "there won't be many," but on the weekend, "we could see a considerable increase in the volume that would allow us to start shipping cherries to the rest of Spain and to Europe."
In the markets, there is also the feeling "that there aren't many kilos available, since in Spain there are delays everywhere, except in Alicante, and in Europe only Greece has started exporting cherries.
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: