Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia wants to win over Chinese market with its avocados
The Minister of Agriculture, Juan Guillermo Zuluaga, has started his work agenda in China, where he will meet with authorities and businessmen to export domestic products to that market.
"China is one of the largest markets worldwide, it will be a great destination for avocados, meat, and other products once we can export them," he said.
The head of the Colombian agricultural portfolio said he was going to work on three basic issues in the Asian country. The first issue is to resume the process of sanitary eligibility for beef. The second point is to finalize the sanitary eligibility for Hass avocados, after the proposed requirements that the Chinese authority presented to Colombia. And the third point is the signing of a memorandum of understanding with the Minister of Agriculture of this country to promote research and innovation in the sector.
"We come to China with great expectations. We know that it is a market with 1.400 million inhabitants and that they are looking for a food pantry such as Colombia, which was ratified by the United Nations Organization for Food and Agriculture (FAO) as such," said Minister Zuluaga.
Currently, China is one of the major markets for Hass avocado and meat. In 2016, China imported USD 78.4 million in Hass avocado. Their main suppliers were: Chile with a 46% share (USD 35.7 million), Mexico with a 41% share (USD 31.8 million), and Peru with a 14% share (USD 10.9 million).
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: