Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Vegetables have centre stage in Expo WestAt the Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim several brands are debuting their healthy convenience snacks, hoping to steer Americans towards a healthier lifestyle.
Companies like Bare Snacks is now offering crunchy baked beets, sweet potatoes and carrots. The vegetable line features six varieties, including sea salt carrot, ranch carrot, sea salt beet, salt and vinegar beet, sea salt sweet potato and barbecue sweet potato. Bare Snacks’ take on the vegetable chip is a “naturally healthier alternative” in the fast-growing segment.
And vegetables are cropping up in other convenient snackable formats featured at Expo West: Rhythm Superfoods from Austin, Texas, is adding a range of dehydrated organic carrot sticks in original, sea salt and ranch flavours. The company offers an assortment of beet chips, kale chips and roasted kale snacks, too.
From Gaea North America comes a line of shelf-stable vegetable snacks packaged in resealable, liquid-free pouches. Varieties include carrot, cauliflower and gherkin.
And then there are Phyter Bars, containing pureed organic produce and coconut sugar. Flavours include beet and cocoa, cranberry and strawberry, sweet potato and coconut, and butternut squash and peanut butter. A kale and apple variety will be added later this year.
Zupa Noma, from Sonoma, California, is launching its Veggie Shot line. Available in such flavours as carrot ginger turmeric, kale cucumber jalapeño, and tomato vinegar cucumber, each 2-oz shot is packed with nutrients, offering “a fresh new take on the wellness shot category”.
Foodbusinessnews.net also reports on avocados appearing in a number of new snacking formats, including chips. AvoLov is debuting avocado chips in sea salt, chilli lime, white cheddar and sriracha flavours. The products are made with Hass avocados.
Publication date: 3/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: