Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Poland: Bakalland launches new line of organic nuts and dried fruits
Consumers attach more and more importance to healthy lifestyles and caring for the environment, which is why the demand for organic products is on the rise. "As a response to this, Bakalland is expanding its range with a new line of BIO delicacies. The brand portfolio will be enriched with the most popular dried fruits and nuts from certified organic farms: BIO Raisins, BIO Apricots, BIO Plums, BIO Almonds, BIO Dates, and new in the Bakalland range, BIO Coconut Chips and BIO Cranberry without added sugar, sweetened only with organic apple juice," the company informs.
BIO products are becoming more and more popular from year to year. Bakalland research shows that 63 percent of consumers prefer them when buying their groceries, and the market is growing at a rate of around 20 percent per year.
Consumers choose to buy organic products primarily due to pro-health reasons.
"As a confident market leader in the nuts and dried fruits segment, we want to support these choices and provide consumers with the best products. The new Bakalland BIO line of dried fruits and nuts offers a consistently high quality. Our products' compliance with the strictest organic food standards is confirmed by Bakalland's ecological certificate," says Ewelina Haraburda, product manager at Bakalland.
Publication date: 3/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: