Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Value of Turkish fruit and veg exports to Russia up 65% in first two months of 2018
Reza Sayar, head of the Association of Exporters of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables in the Aegean region, said that Russia's gradual lifting of the restrictions imposed in 2016 on the importation of some Turkish fruits and vegetables should lead to an increase in Turkish exports.
He referred to the decision announced by Russia to now lift restrictions on the import of peppers, aubergines, lettuce, pomegranates and courgettes from Turkey.
He added that Turkish exporters want to restore the volume of fruit and vegetable exports to Russia that was reached before the crisis, and even exceed it.
He predicted that if Russia lifted all the restrictions, the value of Turkey's fruit and vegetable exports would exceed one billion dollars.
In the first two months of 2018, the value of Turkish fresh fruit and vegetable exports to Russia increased by 65 percent over the same period last year, rising from 66 million to 109 million dollars, according to the statistics of the Turkish Exporters Council.
Turkish exports to Russia were worth $ 938 million in 2014, $ 877 million in 2015, $ 331 million in 2016 and $ 638 million last year.
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: