Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Value of Turkish fruit and veg exports to Russia up 65% in first two months of 2018
Reza Sayar, head of the Association of Exporters of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables in the Aegean region, said that Russia's gradual lifting of the restrictions imposed in 2016 on the importation of some Turkish fruits and vegetables should lead to an increase in Turkish exports.
He referred to the decision announced by Russia to now lift restrictions on the import of peppers, aubergines, lettuce, pomegranates and courgettes from Turkey.
He added that Turkish exporters want to restore the volume of fruit and vegetable exports to Russia that was reached before the crisis, and even exceed it.
He predicted that if Russia lifted all the restrictions, the value of Turkey's fruit and vegetable exports would exceed one billion dollars.
In the first two months of 2018, the value of Turkish fresh fruit and vegetable exports to Russia increased by 65 percent over the same period last year, rising from 66 million to 109 million dollars, according to the statistics of the Turkish Exporters Council.
Turkish exports to Russia were worth $ 938 million in 2014, $ 877 million in 2015, $ 331 million in 2016 and $ 638 million last year.
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: