Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fresh produce becomes main activity for Bonduelle
The annual results of the Bonduelle Group show a clear trend towards fresh produce. It has even become the main activity of the company, which has always been known for its canned vegetables. The total turnover in the first semester 2017-2018 was €1420,3 million. €581,5 million was represented by the fresh produce, followed by €522,4 for the canned vegetables and €316,4 million for the frozen food.
In the first semester of 2016-2017, in which Bonduelle had a total revenue of €1025,6 million, fresh produce only accounted for €202,4 million. The canned vegetables accounted for €504,7 million. The development towards fresh produce was mainly caused by the acquisition of the American company Ready Pack Foods, now known as Bonduelle Fresh Americas.
Another major difference compared to the year before, is that for the first time the revenues outside the European zone were bigger than the revenues within Europe. In the first semester 2017-2018 Europe accounted for a revenue of €633,3 million, compared to €632,1 the year before. Outside the European Area revenues doubled and reached €787 million compared to €393,5 million the year before.
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: