- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Austrian company Esarom is already convinced
2018 - year of the mango?
“Working on flavour pairing we spotted surprising combinations,” notes Isolde Tomann, head of flavour creation at Esarom.
Global product launches show that mango flavour is also very popular in industrially produced foodstuffs and beverages. This is because consumers know and love mango. And the image of mango is a very positive one. In India, people speak of the two seasons, monsoon and mango. “One refreshes the earth, the other the soul.”
A foodingredientsfirst.com article tells us how in some countries, mangos grow freely in gardens, while in other regions it is seen as a tropical fruit. And the Alphonso is of course the queen of mangos.
But what about Nam Dok Mai, Haden, Keitt, Kent, Osteen, Okrung or Tommy Atkins? There are around 1,000 mango varieties known –diverse in appearance and taste profile. The analysis of the taste profile of Alphonso identified 152 different flavours, there is a lot of unexplored potential of this fruit.
That is why Esarom believes this year could be the year of the mango.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 Spain: "We want to work only with the biggest avocado producers"
- 2018-11-20 Brazil: Early start for Brazilian fig season
- 2018-11-19 "Fig market grows generically"
- 2018-11-19 Kiwis grown on Dutch soil
- 2018-11-16 Peru: 2018, the worst year for Hass avocado exports
- 2018-11-16 Russian cucumber and gherkin production up by 14%
- 2018-11-16 Goldenberries are the real superfood, says South African producer with big European plans
- 2018-11-16 Drought in India casts shadow on pomegranate exports from Pune
- 2018-11-16 Mexico: Producers and authorities want a designation of origin for Michoacan's avocado
- 2018-11-16 Spain: Good prospects for Huelva's avocado campaign
- 2018-11-16 Peru prepares a training program to boost avocado exports
- 2018-11-16 India and Peru to discuss FTA in New Delhi next month
- 2018-11-15 China: Price of wax gourds increased
- 2018-11-15 Brazil authorizes entry of Peruvian pomegranates
- 2018-11-15 Costa Rica: Avocado producers and Government prepare National Avocado Plan
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Pitaya cultivation gaining ground in Malaga
- 2018-11-15 China: Pomelo price drops by over 60%
- 2018-11-15 California bitter melon still on the move
- 2018-11-15 “Sales will start when the Greek kiwifruit is out of the market”
- 2018-11-14 "We have been able to reconcile the parts that make up this great industry"