- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Nitin Agrawal - Euro Fruits
"Demand for white seedless is still growing"
"Quality this year is looking extremely good and the weather has been very kind, we have good sunshine, giving good berry size and sugars and all-round good quality," said Nitin Agrawal from Euro Fruits.
The rain which was reported two months ago in Nasik, the main grape growing area, has had no effect according to Agrawal, he said it only affected grapes destined for the domestic market.
Europe, Scandinavia and the UK are the three main markets which Euro Fruits supply, "We are very happy with these markets this season," said Agrawal. "Most importantly our customers in these markets are happy with Euro Fruits. We are very consistent with our volumes, we export everything only as the program and are very clear from day one what volumes we need to export."
95% of the grapes sent to these markets are Thompsons seedless, in the last few years Euro Fruits have done a few small volumes of black seedless for some niche markets. "Demand for white seedless is still growing," according to Agrawal. "This is helped by the fact that the Chileans are facing quality issues on their Thompson white seedless, giving an bigger opportunity in Europe / UK market for Indian grapes. On the other hand, Indian farmers must be congratulated as they are doing a very good job growing Thompson White Seedless Grapes in India ."
Euro Fruits are present in the SE Asian market but only in a very small way, "It is basically a market for the early grapes which can arrive before the Chinese new Year, we are not big here but we are learning more about this market. There have been a lot of black seedless planted over the last few years and volumes will rise as these come into full production.
The harvest is about 65% completed with around 7 weeks to go.
For more information:
Euro Fruits India
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 03/30/2018 2017 global analysis of fresh grapes
- 03/29/2018 Quality harvest promotes interest
- 03/28/2018 Sicilian producers get ready for table grape season
- 03/27/2018 Early and successful season expected for Egyptian grapes
- 03/26/2018 Argentina: Four new varieties of table grapes
- 03/23/2018 Chilean grape season in full swing
- 03/22/2018 Grape Alliance: Focus on the stability of European and UK markets
- 03/21/2018 "Thompson and Red Globe will exit the market in a few years"
- 03/20/2018 US seems best option for Chilean table grape exporters
- 03/19/2018 "Volume of Indian grapes has mostly stabilised"
- 03/16/2018 Peru: Substantial decrease in Red Globe's hegemony in grape shipments
- 03/15/2018 Chile bringing in a solid volume of grapes to the US
- 03/14/2018 Hex River grape harvest not abbreviated, contrary to earlier expectations
- 03/13/2018 Year-round table grapes from Australia
- 03/12/2018 Family packaging business creates 'box/bag' combo for grapes
- 03/09/2018 “South African grape season not as terrible as expected”
- 03/08/2018 "Demand for white seedless is still growing"
- 03/07/2018 New grape varieties in high demand in Asia
- 03/06/2018 Strong end expected for South African grapes
- 03/05/2018 Peru: Table grape exports fell by 11% this season