- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Some claim they are incredible
The health benefits of limes
Some of the health benefits to be gained from consuming limes include weight loss, improved digestion, reduced respiratory and urinary disorders, relief from constipation, treatment of scurvy, piles, peptic ulcer and gout.
In addition to all this, lime can be very useful when it comes to caring for the skin as well as the eyes. Furthermore, it is important to note that lime is an excellent source of antioxidants; thus making it able protective agent to the body, by preventing damage caused by free radicals or chemicals that harm cells.
Pulse.ng/lifestyle listed five incredible health benefits of lime:
1. It's an agent for skin care
The health benefit of lime juice and its natural oils for skin cannot be overemphasized when consumed orally or applied externally. As a matter of fact, drinking warm lime water helps to hydrate the skin because the vitamin C and flavonoids in lime juice help rejuvenate the skin. And if you care to, you can mix lime juice into your bathing water as it will leave you with a glow on your face and skin.
2. It fights infections
Infections come unnoticed and uninvited. And apart from the sexually transmitted ones, we’re always at risk of getting infected especially during the cold or rainy season. So, if you really want to stay healthy and immune to infections, sip on lime juice throughout the day. Because the vitamin C and antioxidants in limes can strengthen your immune system and help your body fights off infections such as the cold and flu virus.
3. It is said to treat arthritis
Studies have shown that one of the many causes of arthritis is an excess build-up of uric acid in the body. And uric acid is one of the waste products that normal urination clears out of the body, but when too much of it builds up, it can make the pain and inflammation from arthritis even worse. However, the citric acid found in limes helps dissolve uric acid, increasing the amounts that are cleared with the urine.
4. It acts against heart disease
Studies have shown that limes are a good source of magnesium and potassium, and magnesium and potassium do not only fight against potential heart disease, they also help promote heart health. Particularly, potassium can naturally lower blood pressure and improve blood circulation, which reduces your risk of a heart attack and stroke.
5. It boosts your immunity
It has been proven that limes are an excellent source of vitamin C. And as a matter of fact, just one lime can knock out nearly one-third of your vitamin C needs for the entire day. Although it is well known that getting enough vitamin C in our diet is important for many aspects of health, the benefit of it when it comes to immunity cannot be overemphasized.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 ‘Agroecology can feed Europe pesticide-free in 2050’
- 09/19/2018 Cassava virus breaks out in Zambia
- 09/18/2018 Chiquita launches Pink Sticker program this October
- 09/14/2018 Tour de Fresh brings 46 more salad bars to U.S. schools in its 5th year
- 09/12/2018 Tomatoes could hold the key for infertility problems
- 09/06/2018 ‘French Fries: No. 1 vegetable toddlers consume’
- 09/05/2018 Trying fruit and veggie ideas in school lunches
- 09/05/2018 UK: 3.7 million children live in households that can't afford a healthy diet
- 09/04/2018 Camu-camu, an exotic fruit that could help tackle obesity
- 08/29/2018 "Agriculture must battle chronic disease"
- 08/22/2018 Strawberries to treat bowel disease?
- 08/22/2018 ‘Apples reverse ageing’
- 08/20/2018 Button mushrooms as treatment against diabetes?
- 08/15/2018 UK experts: Eat skin of fruit and veg as well
- 08/15/2018 Chemicals found in vegetables prevent colon cancer in mice
- 08/15/2018 Scurvy makes comeback in the West
- 08/15/2018 Fewer than 1 in 10 Australians eats enough vegetables
- 08/14/2018 ‘Leafy greens not linked to reduced risk of Type 2 diabetes’
- 08/14/2018 New York state to invest $1.5 million in 'Farm-To-School' lunch programs
- 08/13/2018 Innovative farmers take Zimbabwean food industry by storm