- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
UK fruit farmer granted Freedom of the City of London
Last week he travelled to London to receive the honorary freedom of the city and is due to become a Liveryman of the company in June. Mr Snell said it was a great honour and added: "I like it because I can represent Herefordshire and the Midlands and promote the fruit industry and Herefordshire.
"In Herefordshire we produce 50 percent of all horticultural produce from the whole of the West Midlands. The county is a very important part in the production of fruit and veg."
Herefordtimes.com tells us how Mr Snell farms about 450 acres in partnership with his wife Christine. Their crops include strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and blackcurrants for supermarket retail, frozen individually quick-frozen retail and processing.
The farm produces more than 1,000 tonnes of strawberries, 300 tonnes of raspberries, and 800 tonnes of blackcurrants, with packing, freezing and processing facilities on site in the centre of production.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Fitting the next 6 most populated countries inside India
- 2018-11-16 PMA and United Fresh to host Ethical Charter webinar
- 2018-11-16 FFVA’s Stuart to trade commission: Florida growers still suffering
- 2018-11-16 People per square kilometer
- 2018-11-15 China and Singapore sign Protocol to Upgrade Free Trade Agreement
- 2018-11-15 A.P. Moller-Maersk: Trade war will hit container shipping
- 2018-11-15 CGT launches new HR assessment tool
- 2018-11-15 Tour de Fresh opens sponsorships for 2019 ride
- 2018-11-15 The real size of Brazil
- 2018-11-14 Morocco/Spain: Increase in the number of Moroccan seasonal workers in Andalusia
- 2018-11-14 Peru confirms that it is free of HLB
- 2018-11-14 Global food security improvements projected to be largest in Asia
- 2018-11-14 US trade with Southern Africa grows
- 2018-11-13 Netherlands: Research grants awarded for stronger lettuce and smarter agrofood robots
- 2018-11-13 SFI Rotterdam warns of fraudster ordering on behalf of a German client
- 2018-11-13 Precipitation in India
- 2018-11-13 "More food traceability and grocery delivery in 2019"
- 2018-11-13 Queen of England finds dead slug in her salad, leaves brutal message for chef
- 2018-11-13 Zimbabwe farmers call for help to deal with drought effects
- 2018-11-13 Mexico: ripe for growth in high-value horticulture crops