Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greece: 7th Pan-Hellenic Plant Protection Meeting held with great success
The 7th Pan-Hellenic Plant Protection Meeting was held on Monday, 5 March 2018, attended by government representatives, academics, agronomists, students and producers from the region of Thessaly. The event was opened by Deputy Minister Vasilis Kokkalis, who stressed that "without sustainable protection, there can be no sustainable plant production."
Subsequently, the speakers addressed issues related to modern methods in plant protection, plant protection in large-scale crops and the problems that climate change is about to bring.
In the first thematic section of the meeting, entitled "Modern Plant Health Protection Issues", the conferences dealt with modern methods and technologies for plant protection, such as smart farming, the use of entomopathogenic nematodes, plant nematicides or integrated pest management systems.
Subsequently, the second thematic section "Plant Protection and Climate Change", consisted of speeches on the impact of climate change on the growth and spread of insects, weeds and diseases in olives and vines.
Lastly, in the third section, "Large-scale crop protection", there were conferences on resistant weeds and their treatment, as well as on the management of lepidopteran pests in cotton and of viruses in large-scale crops.
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: