Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Due to storm slamming East Coast
Ship on the way to Port of Charleston loses containersThe crew of a container ship on its way to the Port of Charleston saw between 70 and 73 cargo containers go overboard on Saturday night during high winds and rough seas off the coast of North Carolina.
The Maersk Shanghai contacted U.S. Coast Guard officials to say the containers went into the ocean about 17 miles off the Oregon Inlet. The Coast Guard issued a navigation hazard warning and is advising mariners to transit the area with caution.
The 1,060-foot-long vessel was on its way the Charleston from the Port of Virginia in Norfolk. The ship is scheduled to arrive in Charleston after midnight on Monday.
According to washingtonpost.com, the incident occurred as a powerful North-easter slammed the East Coast over the weekend, producing hurricane-force winds and waves of up to 40 feet.
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: