- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Grocery delivery firm Aussie Farmers Direct shuts down
'We are simply no longer able to compete'
According to thewest.com.au, the company confirmed the news to its more than 112,000 Facebook followers on Monday morning.
“We are sad to announce that Aussie Farmers Direct is closing today. After 13 years of working with many of Australia’s great farmers and delivering their fresh produce to Australian families, it is hugely disappointing that is has come to this. We are simply no longer able to compete against the domination of the major two supermarkets and the influx of cheap imported produce,” the post said.
Over time the company had expanded to NSW, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia and the Australian Capital Territory, and had been named the fastest growing franchise in Australia by Business Review Weekly.
But Aussie Farmers Direct struggled to compete with the major supermarkets and the promotion of low-cost imported products they sold.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 “Kiwi fruit production is becoming more and more important for Greek growers”
- 2018-11-16 Russia: Unusual drop of fruit and veg prices in October
- 2018-11-16 Egyptian e-commerce platform raises $700,000 investments
- 2018-11-16 Half of Romanians choose to buy “Made in Romania” products
- 2018-11-16 Turkey: 2018 annual agricultural projections have been updated
- 2018-11-15 'Availability of tomatoes grew, prices frequently dropped'
- 2018-11-15 France: "There will be a shortage of ceps for Christmas"
- 2018-11-15 Lebanon's route to Gulf markets choked by politics
- 2018-11-15 ‘No quick resolution in view for US-China trade war’
- 2018-11-15 Saint Lucia ready to launch Import Substitution Programme
- 2018-11-14 Bolivia: Garlic and onion producers ask authorities to close border to smuggling
- 2018-11-14 Baden-Württemberg: Harvest year characterized by dry summer
- 2018-11-14 China signs fresh produce MoU with Caribbean region
- 2018-11-14 "Difficult market for last strawberries of the year"
- 2018-11-14 Poland courting East Africa as trade partner
- 2018-11-14 Kenya horticulture export earnings growing
- 2018-11-14 Namibia food imports still sky-high
- 2018-11-14 Turkey: Annual agricultural production projections for 2018 have been updated
- 2018-11-13 Pink Lady Day at Mazzoni Group
- 2018-11-12 ‘Kyrgyzstan cannot fully meet the needs of the domestic market’