- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
VIE cool handling: Innovative solution for transporting temperature sensitive air cargo goods
Four new customized reefer trailers enabling the improved transport of temperature sensitive air cargo on the airport apron comprise the core element of this solution. As a result, goods at the airport can be continuously handled at temperatures ranging from -20° to +29° Celsius without interrupting the cold chain. These refrigerator trailers were developed by Vienna Airport together with a renowned Austrian automotive engineering company. A secure and unbroken cold chain in air cargo is ensured thanks to VIE COOL HANDLING and the new cooling trailers, so that the products can reach their destination in the best possible quality.
On the basis of its VIE COOL HANDLING concept, Vienna Airport offers a new and innovative solution for the transport of temperature sensitive goods. The focus is on ensuring a secure and reliable cold chain in handling air cargo. Vienna Airport developed a new reefer trailer in collaboration with a reputable Austrian automotive engineering company. It is particularly tailored to customer requirements, thus offering even better quality in the refrigerated transport of air cargo.
Specially developed for airport purposes
Each reefer trailer has a volume of 22 cubic meters and ensures problem-free loading with standard containers, pallets or loose cargo. The integrated refrigeration unit can be operated both electronically or with diesel fuel. In this way, it ensures a secure temperature level during provisioning and transport on the airport apron. As a result, the cold chain is maintained uninterruptedly on the airport apron, even in the case of extreme weather conditions.
Cold or warm: the right temperature is crucial
All those involved in the supply chain have high demands when it comes to perfect cooling, in light of the fact that the cold chain must always be maintained. There are numerous international guidelines and standards that have to be complied with. For this reason, the temperature of the refrigerated trailer can be individually adjusted and is thus adapted to each product. The temperature range is from -20° to +29° Celsius. The temperature sensitive products transported via Vienna Airport are mostly food, plants and medical supplies. In accordance with customer requirements, temperatures of between +2° to +8° Celsius or between +15° to +25° Celsius are needed.
Cargo at Vienna Airport
For the most part, cargo handling and shipment at Vienna Airport is in the hands of the Cargo Handling Service Department. More than 280,000 tonnes of freight were handled at the Air Cargo Center in 2016, comprising a year-on-year rise of 4%. The Air Cargo Center is being expanded by about 15,000, with completion of the project scheduled for the end of 2017. Thanks to its minimal turnaround time and the direct connection to the highway and the airport apron, Vienna Airport is a high-performance partner for cargo and logistics services providers. From a strategic perspective, Vienna has successfully positioned itself in the cargo segment, in particular as a gateway between Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
For more information:
Peter Kleemann, Company Spokesman
Press Office of Flughafen Wien AG
Tel.: (+43-1-) 7007-23000
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 Frozen fruit market in the EU: Germany remains the largest importer
- 09/13/2018 Etihad Cargo increases focus on cold chain industry with 'FreshForward' product
- 09/13/2018 Reefer container trade ripe for a digital boost
- 09/05/2018 CMA CGM launches Climactive
- 08/29/2018 OTACCWA wants to reduce Nigeria’s N9 billion post-harvest losses
- 08/29/2018 Dearman launches South Africa cooling project to reduce harvest loss
- 08/28/2018 Gambia: Gunjur to get fruit cold storage facility by late 2019
- 08/27/2018 Seveplant/Verbeek BV opens new cooling facility in Serbia
- 08/21/2018 Dearman technology targets food waste South Africa
- 08/15/2018 China: Vanke acquires Swire Cold Chain Logistics
- 08/10/2018 Mobile chill technology ready for its moment
- 08/09/2018 Microsoft announce 2018 Microsoft Airband Initiative grant Africa recipients
- 07/16/2018 NewCold to open fully automated cold storage facility in Burley, Idaho
- 07/05/2018 Russia: Seven storage units to be built in federal republic of Adygea
- 06/22/2018 Air cargo community should create its own supply chain standard
- 06/11/2018 "Renting a temporary refrigeration system is the ideal solution for capacity problems"
- 06/08/2018 Japan’s cold chain logistics helps Myanmar farmers
- 06/01/2018 Different opportunities for ripening rooms
- 05/28/2018 New storage space with cooling in Australia
- 05/23/2018 Iran: First refrigerated export to UAE via Bandar Lengeh