Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tajikistan plans to expand lemon export into RussiaIn Tajikistan, lemons of the Meyer variety - grown mainly in the Khatlon region where the climate is hot and humid - are cultivated on approximately 300 hectares.
Fruitnews.ru reports how local farmers find it is profitable to grow lemons because the trees bear fruit twice a year. In Tajikistan, too, work is being done to develop a new variety; a clone of low-growing lemons.
Lemons are sold in all regions of Tajikistan. In 2017, more than 5,000 tons of lemons were harvested in the republic. A large part of this was exported to Russia, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: