Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tajikistan plans to expand lemon export into RussiaIn Tajikistan, lemons of the Meyer variety - grown mainly in the Khatlon region where the climate is hot and humid - are cultivated on approximately 300 hectares.
Fruitnews.ru reports how local farmers find it is profitable to grow lemons because the trees bear fruit twice a year. In Tajikistan, too, work is being done to develop a new variety; a clone of low-growing lemons.
Lemons are sold in all regions of Tajikistan. In 2017, more than 5,000 tons of lemons were harvested in the republic. A large part of this was exported to Russia, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
Publication date: 3/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: