Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bombay High Court: Excessive amount of pesticides in fruitsToday, the Bombay High Court summoned senior officials from the Maharashtra Public Health and Food and Civil Supplies departments, over a plea alleging use of excessive amounts of pesticides and antibiotics in fruits, vegetables and poultry sold across the state.
A bench of Justices directed the authorities concerned to list the steps being taken to check the use of excess pesticides in fruits and vegetables.
According to outlookindia.com, the case was filed by an NGO from the city seeking directions for prohibiting usage of excess amounts of pesticides by farmers, usage of chemicals by retailers for ripening of fruits and vegetables (and use of antibiotics and growth hormones for poultry).
The counsel of the Union government, which was made a party in the matter, told the High Court there already are standards for usage of pesticides, preservatives and other such items. It was up to the state authorities to implement such standards and ensure that the prescribed rules were not being breached, he said.
The High Court has directed the officials concerned to be present in court next Wednesday.
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: