- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Bombay High Court: Excessive amount of pesticides in fruits
A bench of Justices directed the authorities concerned to list the steps being taken to check the use of excess pesticides in fruits and vegetables.
According to outlookindia.com, the case was filed by an NGO from the city seeking directions for prohibiting usage of excess amounts of pesticides by farmers, usage of chemicals by retailers for ripening of fruits and vegetables (and use of antibiotics and growth hormones for poultry).
The counsel of the Union government, which was made a party in the matter, told the High Court there already are standards for usage of pesticides, preservatives and other such items. It was up to the state authorities to implement such standards and ensure that the prescribed rules were not being breached, he said.
The High Court has directed the officials concerned to be present in court next Wednesday.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Russia: Quarantine pest found in fresh fruit from China
- 2018-11-16 Zambia street vending ban problematic for farmers
- 2018-11-16 Romaine outbreak US
- 2018-11-15 Pictsweet Farms Steam'ables Asparagus recall
- 2018-11-15 Togo to spend CFA478 million to boost its phytosanitary control and certification system
- 2018-11-15 Australian biosecurity risks minimised with new x-ray unit
- 2018-11-12 Recall at Aldi Nord: Asparagus could contain glass splinters
- 2018-11-12 Australia: Farm worker put needles in strawberries over workplace grievance
- 2018-11-12 South African fruit and veg found in Gauteng province could be dangerous
- 2018-11-09 Bulgaria: Food safety agency recalls bagged spinach
- 2018-11-09 "Arizona leafy green industry has gone to ‘unprecedented lengths’ following E.coli outbreak"
- 2018-11-08 Jordan: Safety concerns as Syrian produce floods market
- 2018-11-08 US: Food and Drug Administration to beef up mandatory food recalls
- 2018-11-08 New Zealand: 'All avenues exhausted'
- 2018-11-06 Southwest US: Lettuce growers face more test measures
- 2018-11-05 Western Canada: Five more salmonella cases linked to long English cucumbers
- 2018-11-05 "McCain officials ignored signs of Salmonella, Listeria contamination"
- 2018-11-05 Singapore reaches top of Global Food Safety List
- 2018-11-05 US farmers markets’ food safety inadequate - E. coli and Listeria abound
- 2018-11-05 Canada herb brand Culantro recalled due to Salmonella