Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Equal Exchange Banana month: why small farmers?
March is Equal Exchange Banana Month. Every year, Equal Exchange dedicates this month to raising awareness about the fair trade banana supply chain. All month long, Equal Exchange invites retailers and consumers to join in an educational campaign to explore how this alternative trade model is creating a seat at the table for small scale farmers around the world.
This March, Equal Exchange is diving deeper into its model with the question: Why Small Farmers? Small farmers make food personal, small farmers build resilient communities, and small farmers transform local economies. These themes will be depicted through various formats over the course of the month, including the launch of a short video highlighting a trip to Ecuador in June 2017 when representatives from the Equal Exchange banana supply chain came together for one week. Together, Four Seasons Produce, MOMs Organic Market, AsoGuabo Banana Cooperative, and Equal Exchange spent the week deepening relationships, sharing their challenging and realities, and thinking deeper about building a different model of trade based on small farmer supply chains.
All information and materials are available to download and view here: http://www.beyondthepeel.com/resources.html
For more information:
Oke USA / Equal Exchange bananas
+1 (774) 776-7361
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: