Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Larger volumes of apples went to the processing industry in 2017
As is well known, apple quantities harvested in 2017 were rather low due to frost in spring. This in turn affected volumes in general as well as quality. A lot of the fruit was therefore destined to the processing industry.
According to Assomela data, a little over 320 thousand tons of apples were destined to the processing industry in 2017, almost 19% of the total production (1,725,289 tons). The usual percentage is of around 12-13%.
In 2016, 266,178 tons were destined to the processing industry of the total 2,272,026 tons (13%). In 2015, 277,482 tons were destined to the processing industry out of a total of 2,279,808 tons (14%).
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: