Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Larger volumes of apples went to the processing industry in 2017
As is well known, apple quantities harvested in 2017 were rather low due to frost in spring. This in turn affected volumes in general as well as quality. A lot of the fruit was therefore destined to the processing industry.
According to Assomela data, a little over 320 thousand tons of apples were destined to the processing industry in 2017, almost 19% of the total production (1,725,289 tons). The usual percentage is of around 12-13%.
In 2016, 266,178 tons were destined to the processing industry of the total 2,272,026 tons (13%). In 2015, 277,482 tons were destined to the processing industry out of a total of 2,279,808 tons (14%).
Publication date: 3/1/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: