- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Mac Fruit Attraction Egypt - Cairo 2018: a global brand for fresh produce!
- Courchesne Larose celebrates 100th birthday in style
- “Spanish mangoes slightly later because of cooler weather”
- "Higher autumn prices won't compensate for poor eggplant season"
- Greenyard’s shares rebounding after reopening of Hungarian factory
White and red cabbage represent 60% of vegetable harvest
North Rhine-Westphalian outdoor vegetables were grown last year to 26,850 hectares. In terms of arable land, the asparagus with 3,723 hectares was still the preeminent vegetable type in North Rhine-Westphalia. The proportion of this noble vegetable within the total acreage for outdoor vegetables last year was 13.9 percent. In 2017, a total of 19,522 tonnes of asparagus were harvested. Last year, the largest acreages were found in the administrative districts of Münster (1,297 hectares), Düsseldorf (953 hectares) and Detmold (912 hectares).
A decisive factor in the large harvest volumes was an adjustment of the reporting group, which resulted in 103 reporting agents more being included in the survey than in 2016. The total number of companies surveyed in 2017 was 1,229.
Source: Statistik NRW
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Vegetable price drops nearly 30%
- 09/21/2018 Japan suffering from serious shortage of vegetables
- 09/21/2018 Lighter demand for rhubarb this season is against trend
- 09/21/2018 UK vegetable whisperer strokes his leeks to help them grow
- 09/21/2018 How does a pepper travel from the farm to your plate?
- 09/21/2018 Kim Jong Un presents South Korea with two tons of Pine mushrooms
- 09/21/2018 Dwindling California asparagus industry takes another blow
- 09/21/2018 Italy: Violì artichokes
- 09/20/2018 "Cabbage industry has some windfalls again, after difficult years''
- 09/20/2018 China's annual output of peppers is 40 million tons
- 09/20/2018 How cauliflower took over your pizza, your kitchen, and the world
- 09/19/2018 Australia: Costa Adelaide Mushrooms expansion progressing at Monarto
- 09/19/2018 "Higher autumn prices won't compensate for poor eggplant season"
- 09/19/2018 Large pumpkins may be in short supply
- 09/18/2018 "Demand market for cabbage"
- 09/18/2018 Shandong Lanling: Vegetable prices still have room to rise
- 09/18/2018 Turkey: “Super” tomatoes from Igdir receive a lot of interest from Iran
- 09/18/2018 New Zealand: Brisk weather brings cheaper broccoli
- 09/17/2018 ‘Nigeria can earn $4 billion annually from mushroom exports’
- 09/17/2018 New dry garlic storage brings concerns