- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Tamil Nadu, South India
Indian farmers dump tomatoes on road - locals carry them off
“Tomatoes were selling at Rs. 60 (0.75 euros) per kg in wholesale markets and Rs. 75 (0.94 euros) in retail outlets two months ago. Now they have suddenly fallen to single digit figures and this has shocked us. Hence, we dumped the produce in a public place,” said Govindasamy, a farmer from Ayyalur. The farmers stated that they had dumped their produce because they couldn’t even get what they had spent on raising the crop in the first place.
According to timesnownews.com, officials admitted that with markets witnessing huge supplies of the vegetable, the cost had fallen to extremely low levels.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Vegetable price drops nearly 30%
- 09/21/2018 Japan suffering from serious shortage of vegetables
- 09/21/2018 Lighter demand for rhubarb this season is against trend
- 09/21/2018 UK vegetable whisperer strokes his leeks to help them grow
- 09/21/2018 How does a pepper travel from the farm to your plate?
- 09/21/2018 Kim Jong Un presents South Korea with two tons of Pine mushrooms
- 09/21/2018 Dwindling California asparagus industry takes another blow
- 09/21/2018 Italy: Violì artichokes
- 09/20/2018 "Cabbage industry has some windfalls again, after difficult years''
- 09/20/2018 China's annual output of peppers is 40 million tons
- 09/20/2018 How cauliflower took over your pizza, your kitchen, and the world
- 09/19/2018 Australia: Costa Adelaide Mushrooms expansion progressing at Monarto
- 09/19/2018 "Higher autumn prices won't compensate for poor eggplant season"
- 09/19/2018 Large pumpkins may be in short supply
- 09/18/2018 "Demand market for cabbage"
- 09/18/2018 Shandong Lanling: Vegetable prices still have room to rise
- 09/18/2018 Turkey: “Super” tomatoes from Igdir receive a lot of interest from Iran
- 09/18/2018 New Zealand: Brisk weather brings cheaper broccoli
- 09/17/2018 ‘Nigeria can earn $4 billion annually from mushroom exports’
- 09/17/2018 New dry garlic storage brings concerns