Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Taiwan and Saint Lucia: furthering banana projectOn Friday 23rd February, Taiwanese ambassador H. E. Douglas Shen and Ezechiel Joseph, Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries, Physical Planning, Natural Resources and Co-operatives, signed a new action plan on bilateral agriculture cooperation: the ‘Banana Productivity Improvement Project’.
Taiwan and Saint Lucia had been cooperating on the Banana Black Sigatoka Management Project in the past five years, successfully doubling the export of Saint Lucian bananas.
Minister Joseph expressed gratitude to the government of Taiwan for its contribution in assisting the development of agriculture in Saint Lucia and confirmed that the banana production had returned to the level of 2016 (before Hurricane Matthew). He also emphasized that the Ministry looked forward to continuing to cooperate with the government of Taiwan to further increase the productivity and quality of the local bananas.
Loopslu.com reports on how the new project will be executed over a four-year period.
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: