Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Taiwan and Saint Lucia: furthering banana projectOn Friday 23rd February, Taiwanese ambassador H. E. Douglas Shen and Ezechiel Joseph, Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries, Physical Planning, Natural Resources and Co-operatives, signed a new action plan on bilateral agriculture cooperation: the ‘Banana Productivity Improvement Project’.
Taiwan and Saint Lucia had been cooperating on the Banana Black Sigatoka Management Project in the past five years, successfully doubling the export of Saint Lucian bananas.
Minister Joseph expressed gratitude to the government of Taiwan for its contribution in assisting the development of agriculture in Saint Lucia and confirmed that the banana production had returned to the level of 2016 (before Hurricane Matthew). He also emphasized that the Ministry looked forward to continuing to cooperate with the government of Taiwan to further increase the productivity and quality of the local bananas.
Loopslu.com reports on how the new project will be executed over a four-year period.
Publication date: 2/27/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: